We managed to squeeze in some yard work and went see how the bun is cooking.
He's so handsome! Also, my indoor and outdoor gardens are coming along nicely.
I'm currently working on finishing up a few projects that are never ending.
The first is a recipe book that Eddie bought for me for Christmas a few years ago. The binder and pages are from Martha Stewart's line at Staples. I'm finally getting around to writing everything on pretty cards and collecting new recipes to add to the rotation.
I found these adorable recipe cards here! It's a simple project, but writing a million recipes cards can put your arm to sleep and also drive you a bit mad if you sit there for too long. What I really should do is set aside 5-10 cards a day so this task isn't so daunting. I've also thought about rewriting cards as I use them and whatever cards I don't use for a while I will just toss.
I'm also working on getting all of my mom's pictures out of boxes and into photo albums. I started off by sorting the photos by year. Then I went year by year scanning each photo into the computer to have digital copies for myself and my siblings. Finally I put each year of photos into a book and tried to label important events.
I've gotten about 4.5 years completely done, but I've run into a dilemma. I started this project in 2012 and only bought 4 photo albums to start off. I worked on this for a long time, but when I got busy with work and moving everything just sat in a box in the basement for a year and a half. Now that I've started this project up again and I'm on my 5th year, I need more albums. Unfortunately, Walmart does not carry the same albums anymore. I'm super bummed because I've already attached metal bookplates to the albums I have. I'll have to come up with another solution, so in the meantime this project is on hold.
shelving unit is from Ikea and the cloth baskets are from target.
The problem with this project is that I started sewing on adhesive Velcro to the back of the cover so I could slip it on and off for easy cleaning, but the adhesive on the Velcro gummed up my needle on the sewing machine! Duh! So now I have to figure out a way to sew the darn thing without it jamming. Someone suggested using nail polish remover. I will get back to you on the validity of that method. So, this project is to be continued as well.
And since my sewing machine is out of order due to that last project, all other sewing projects have come to a halt (baby blankets, burp cloths, boppy covers, bed skirt). Oh joy. ;)